USA Curling Announces Fargo FANdango Contest!
Are you curling's Most Creative Fan? Then the Fargo FANdango is for you!
Click here to view this on USA Curling's website.
One lucky FAN will win a Fargo-esque VIP experience for two to be the Most Creative FANS of USA Curling at the 2014 U.S. Olympic Team Trials in Fargo, N.D., to be held Nov. 10-17, 2013.
5-day, 4-night* Fargo-esque VIP experience for two includes:
- Round-trip (domestic economy) airfare to and from winner’s hometown (U.S. destinations only) and Minneapolis. Upon arrivial in Minneapolis you will be driven to Fargo, accompanied by 2010 Olympian John Benton, whom you can direct all of your curling questions to!
- Ground transportation to-from airport, and throughout the VIP experience in Fargo
- 4 nights’ accommodations and breakfast (double occupancy) at the headquarters hotel, the Holiday Inn Fargo
- Credentials and VIP seating for winner and guest for the 2014 U.S. Olympic Team Trials
- Meet-and-greet with competitors in the Trials, including current Olympians
- On-ice experience on the Olympic Trials ice (on the Fifth Man sheet)
- $100 shopping spree at Scheels Sports flagship store in Fargo
- Photo opps with the famed woodchipper from the movie “Fargo” (located at the Fargo-Moorhead Visitor’s Center)
Oh, but that's not it! You also get:
-Tour Fargo Brewing Company and taste the new Stone's Throw Scottish Ale* (must be 21 or older)
-Free DVDs of the movies Fandango, Men with Brooms, and Fargo Souvenir USA Curling apparel, plus authentic Fargo winter earflap hats
- Sit in the USA Curling webstreaming booth and call an end of one game of the Trials action with on-air personality Ben Tucker
-Have a picture of your face installed under the ice of the Fifth Man sheet at Scheels Arena
- Behind-the-scenes at the Trials with USA Curling ice technicians
- Personal Fargo tour with local personalities
- Personal workout session at the Fargo Family Wellness Center with 3-time NCAA wrestling champion Steve Saxlund
- Curling at the Fargo-Moorhead Curling Club
- Tour of the Fargo Air Museum
- Meet and greet with “How Fargo of You” author, and receive autographed copies of the book
Do you rock the social media world every day? Entrants should be ready to show us their tweeting skills and other ways they will use social media to promote the FANdango and curling in the lead-up to the event, during the event and after.
To enter, tell USA Curling why you should be chosen to be the Most Creative FANS at the Trials. Entries must be in the form of a video showing your passion for curling, Fargo, the U.S. Olympic Team Trials, and adventure.
Entrants must also name at least one fact about Fargo or North Dakota as part of their contest entry.
Entries will be judged and the Most Creative FAN chosen by the USA Curling Media/Public Relations Committee, whose decision will be final.
Entrants (and guest of the winner) must be 18 years or older (age verification will be required).
Entries close Sept. 6. Winning FAN chosen and announced by Sept. 16.
Entries should be submitted via email to Terry Kolesar at USA Curling by Sept. 6.
* contest winner can select Nov. 9-13 or Nov. 14-18 for the VIP experience